- What is the difference between the Trial, Standard, Enterprise and Professional license?
- How can I get the Purchase ID?
- How to activate the Trial license?
- How to activate the full license?
- Why is my Standard license banned?
- How can I update my license from Standard to Enterprise?
- What to do with the license when the domain is moved/changed or when I am moving the module from a testing portal to a new one?
- How long does it take to get the license approved?
- Common license validation problems
- Common errors that can pop up
Q: What is the difference between the Trial, Standard, Enterprise and Professional license?
- The Trial license allows module installation and using within a 15-day period absolutely free. The trial version of a DNN module doesn't differ in functionality from other licenses (Standard, Enterprise, Professional).
- The Standard license allows installation of the module on a single web domain and single DotNetNuke installation. The module can be installed on multiple DNN portals only if they run under one web domain.
- The Enterprise license of a DNN module allows the module installation on multiple web domains, multiple DNN installations and web portals.
- The Professional license allows the installation of the module on multiple web domains, multiple DNN installations and web portals. Moreover, professional license comes with the C# source code which can be modified for the internal use.
Q: How can I get the Purchase ID?
- When you purchase a module from codingstaff.net or store.dotnetnuke.com, you receive an email which states the Purchase ID code.
- If purchased via DNN Store, it will look like BCFD083181C04B31801AB0FFC63DA865..
- If purchased via Coding Staff, it will look like #345 (please, include the sign “#” too).
-You will need the Purchase ID to get your license approved.
Q: How to activate the Trial license?
- Whenever you want to activate a trial, in the “License information” section you will see the following :
- Just type your e-mail address in a corresponding field. Order Purchase ID and Registered To fields can be skipped. Then click “Start a Trial” button. The trial license is valid for 15 days only.
Q: How to activate the full license?
- In order to activate the full license you need to fill out the form of the “License information” section. The example is given below:
- When all the fields are filled in, please hit the “Full License” button.
Q: Why is my Standard license banned?
- The reason can be the fact that you are using a Standard license on multiple web-domains. Here you can either purchase a new Standard license for this domain or buy an Enterprise license.
Q: How can I update my license from Standard to Enterprise?
-You can update your license from Standard to Enterprise following the steps:
- Go to the store where you bought the module (DNN store or Coding Staff store)
- Open the page with the product you purchased and check box “Update from Standard to Enterprise”
- Add product to cart and follow the payment steps
- When the purchase is made you will receive the email with new Purchase ID. Use new Purchase ID to approve your license on new domains..
- After that go to the website where you have previously installed the product having Standard license
- Proceed to “License Information” and click “Refresh” button. The license will be automatically updated to Enterprise.
Q: What to do with the license when the domain is moved/changed or when I am moving the module from a testing portal to a new one?
- If you already have a product with Standard license installed on one domain and you need to change this domain to some other, then, please, do the following:
- Go to “License Information” in you module settings and click “Change Domain” link
- Then you will see the form with two fields. “Staging” is your current domain. Insert your new domain in “Production” field.
- Click “Update” button
Now the domain is successfully changed.
Q: How long does it take to get the license approved?
- The license is approved automatically right after you entered correct email and purchase ID. If you enter not correct information, please contact our License Department at helpdesk.codingstaff.com.
Q: Common license validation problems
If you receive message “Indicated Purchase ID is incorrect” when validating your license then you have incorrectly typed your Purchase ID in the license form. Please, double check your Purchase ID. You can find it in your email which you received right after the purchase of the product.
If you receive message “Please, double check your email. See help message for more info” when validating your license then you have incorrectly typed your email in the license form. Notice that the email must be the same as you indicated when making the purchase of the product.
Common errors that can pop up:
- Error 102: Error occurred when was trying to connect to licensing server. Please check your internet connection when working on localhost. Please make sure your server firewall is not blocking outgoing connections if deploying on the live server. – Sometimes this error occurs when your server can not connect with our server, so you are unable to send the request for the license approval. In this case you need to contact our Licensing Department at helpdesk.codingstaff.com.
- Error 105: You don't need to license the product while testing it on the localhost. Only once you move the site to production and assign a domain name to it, will you need to activate the product. – When you install a module on some local portal you don’t need any license for it. So whenever you go to the “License information” section you will see this error.
If you see such error, it means that not all necessary permissions has been applied to the "DesktopModules" folder. Please, check permissions to this folder or request it from your website's hosting provider.